Project Professional 2021
Microsoft Project functions like a project management software, Microsoft develops and markets. It helps a project manager when analyzing workloads, making a schedule, managing the budget, allocating resources to tasks, tracking processes…etc.
Although a part of Microsoft Office family ,you need to buy an additional license for Project 2021 in order to use it. The proprietary format used by this software is MPP. It is currently available in Standard and Professional versions. .
Although Project isn’t included in the Office 365 suite of apps, totally compatible with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, and SharePoint. Also very user friendly when working on projects or scheduling Skype meetings.
Microsoft Project runs a kanban board that is a column-based visual workflow tool to support organize the tasks in a given project. It’s intended to help a manager see all phases of the tasks and to make sure everything is flowing as planned or quickly spotting the bottleneck. On the other side of the project board is a timeline to manage large projects with various tasks.
Microsoft Project Features:
- Fast paced communication and collaboration tools facilitate multiple users to work on projects at the same time.
- Pre-existing reporting templates can be used, or customize your own to track progress, users, completed tasks, and much more.
- Excellent roadmap provides an overview of the total project, complete with deadlines and the timeframes for individual task.
- Very efficiently track the hours each team member consumes per task and automatically upload the data to a timesheet.
- Consists of comprehensive financial management tools for developing and managing project budgets.
- Able to use it as a desktop or cloud-based app.
- Provides wide selection of templates for all types of projects.